The Promoting the Quality of Medicines (PQM) program aims to increase recognition of pharmaceutical quality assurance as a public health priority that is imperative to the development of well-functioning health systems.
Quality assurance is essential to the development of well-functioning health systems and reaching universal health coverage and sustainable development goals. Ensuring that all medicines meet international quality standards, however, is a complex endeavor, requiring the coordination and commitment of many actors.
PQM helps partners transform their passion and commitment to quality assurance into sustainable realities and improved public health. Drawing on decades of experience, our team of experts works tirelessly to facilitate engagement and exchange of tools, best practices, data, knowledge, and lessons learned at local, regional, and global levels. We promote the public health value of pharmaceutical quality assurance in order to expedite solutions.
This allows stakeholders and partners to:
- Engage in collaborative efforts to improve medicines quality at local, regional, and global levels.
- Obtain and exchange data and knowledge related to medicines quality.
- Garner the support of others to achieve shared goals and improve quality assurance.
- Learn about and adopt innovative and cost-effective approaches to strengthen quality assurance systems.
Areas of Support and Training
- Policy and advocacy
- Stakeholder engagement
- Knowledge and data sharing
- Pharmaceutical quality training and education
- Strategic development and planning
- Technology, research and innovation